Food Production Operative
About the role
Part of the Booker Group, Ritter Courivaud are distributors of fine foods, supplying a number of fine dining restaurants, high end hotels and gastro pubs.
Our Ritter Fresh site in Avonmouth prepares custom orders for our customers for all types of meat and fish, the site includes fresh crustacean tanks, and meat carcasses. We're a small and passionate team who work together to deliver the best for our unique customers.
Production Assistants (operatives) will help prepare orders to customer's specifications and develop an understanding of stock control process and procedures within the fresh produce environment, as well as taking care of daily duties related to stock management and accepting goods into the building.
ALLERGEN INFORMATION: Please be aware when applying that we have live crustaceans and shellfish on site
Picking and packing customer orders
Learning how to cut and prep different products to a high standard, a great skill to have for future career opportunities in the catering / hospitality sector!
Preparing raw materials into Ritter Fresh own label products in line with customer orders.
Receive goods and ensure they are checked and stored correctly.
Always striving to do the best for our customers
Making sure that your work is efficient and maintaining company standards for food & health safety
You will need
To be prepared to carry out warehouse type duties whilst also learning how to prepare all types of meat & poultry. You don't need any experience in this area but previous knowledge of food preparation / certificates are welcomed.
We're looking for someone who is organised, pro-active, customer focused and able to work as part of a small but busy team, as well as being used to working to tight and set deadlines.
What's in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- Free eye test when you spend £50 or more. You can also save 30% when you spend £50 or more on glasses, prescription sunglasses and contact lenses.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- Exclusive access to discounted RAC breakdown cover rates
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*