About the role
We are recruiting for a Finance Assistant to join our Accounts Payable team. The ideal candidate would have previous experience in a high volume accounts payable role, with the ability to review key accounts and resolve disputed deductions.
To be successful in this role, you must have a good working knowledge of Excel, including the ability to create and use Pivot tables and V-look ups.
The working hours for the role at 08:30 - 16:00 or 09:00 - 16:30, Monday to Friday. Our team currently spends three days working from our High Wycombe office and two days working from home.
Maintaining supplier accounts and ensuring invoices are paid promptly and accurately for an agreed portfolio of suppliers
Ensuring all electronic invoices matching is completed for relevant suppliers and that issues are escalated quickly for resolution
Keying-in, processing and matching supplier invoices and credit notes
Ensuring statement reconciliations are prepared and reconciling items are cleared within agreed timescales in line with policy
Preparing supplier statement reconciliations for portfolio of suppliers within agreed Financial Basics Policy
Supporting the Team Leader and team with additional adhoc projects when required
You will need
GCSE Maths and English (Grade C or above)
Good computer literacy, specifically looking for a minimum of Basic Excel skill level
Ability to work cross functionally with internal teams
Good communication skills with a proactive, adaptable and hardworking nature
Ability to meet deadlines, be a team player and have strong attention to detail are a must
Experience of using pivot tables and vlookups is preferred
One years Accounts Payable or similar experience is preferred
Systems knowledge of SAP AP is preferred
Whats in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*