About the role
We are looking for a Driver De-brief to join our team who is highly motivated, well organised with a can-do attitude individual. This is an excellent opportunity for somebody to develop their skills and experience in an office based role.
You will provide a full and comprehensive administrative support for all processes involved in de-briefing drivers on return to the depot, ensuring compliance and accurate recording of all information.
Do you have:
- A methodical approach and keen eye for detail and accuracy?
- Knowledge of warehouse, transport and customer services process and procedures?
- Excellent communication skills?
- Are you driven, enthusiastic with the ability to engage with drivers to obtain detailed information?
- Are you pro-active and able to work on your own initiative?
- The ability to be flexible and able to work a rotated shift pattern?
If you have answered yes to the above and want to be part of the BEST team, then we may have the perfect role for you.
Within this role you will ensure that all required information in relation to processes are obtained from drivers on return to the depot and relevant information is shared with the drivers effectively.
- Debrief all drivers returning to the depot.
- Ensure compliance of all delivery paperwork is signed, present and correct to avoid POD queries and financial losses to the business
- Complete and send the end of shift report each evening.
- Complete driver debrief database and send to relevant people (ongoing throughout the day)
- Check all returned invoices for signatures and completeness
- Visual confirmation of returned stock against drivers discrepancy sheet.
- Liaise with transport regarding failed drops returning to depot
- Feeding back to drivers on Early/Late delivery and non compliance
- General Transport administration as an when required including, supporting on Early/Late delivery reporting processes, PDA compliance, PCN’s – Future
- Ensuring driver compliance in returning paperwork i.e., all invoices signed credits reported and failed or late deliveries managed accordingly.
- Daily driver debriefs, provide and communicate to the drivers. Liaise with transport and Inbound Logistics.
- Communicating with drivers as part of debrief.
- Completing end of day report.
5 out of 6 days,12pm to 8pm
May include working Bank/Public holidays on a rota basis
We look forward to you joining the BEST team!
Whats in it for you
Benefits: Pension, 26 days Holiday pro rata, plus bank/public holidays, Healthcare Cash Plan, Personal Accident Scheme.
The additional Benefits of being part of the BEST team!
- 10% Tesco discount, which increases to 15% for 4 days every 4 weeks (all discounts apply to home delivery)
- 20% discount on F&F Clothing
- 10% discount on Tesco Café
- 10% Booker discount
- 25% discount at Burger King, Pizza Hut & Pizza Express, ASK, Zizzi and Coco Di Mama
- 15% discount at TGI Fridays Monday to Thursday
We have always aspired to be the Best and now we are.
We are so confident in our supply chain, our people and our service that we can truly live up to our name, The Best Food Logistics company. Our people are what make us the best. We take the greatest care to commit to our vision and values with each interaction and at every touch point through the supply chain. There is no magic system to what we do. We stick to our values, and everything else falls into place. We are proud of our simplicity and straightforward approach.
We love our customers! We want them to love us! We aim to do that by providing great service, every day, by providing value with vision, and performance with passion.
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud, Best Logistics and Chef Direct. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*