Driver Assistants (Nights)
About the role
We operate the UK’s ONLY flexible multi-temp, shared customer delivery logistics network. We buy, warehouse, pick and distribute products to the nation’s best loved food and drink brands every single day and provide the best experience to our customers.
As a Driver Assistant, you will be ensuring our customers get the best impression of our organisation. You are the ‘face’ of our business and will assist LGV Drivers in providing a first class delivery service to Logistics customers, ensuring that company standards and procedures are met.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist driver at all times with unloading of stock to store and loading of equipment
- Ensuring that you have the correct paperwork and client outlet keys before leaving the depot,
- Checking off products against the relevant invoices as you help to unload
- Ensure the safety and security of the delivery point, company property and goods at all times
- Maintaining a high level of trust and loyalty between the Company and its clients.
You will need
This is a demanding but rewarding role which involves manual handling and multi-drop deliveries.
48 hours per week over 4 or 5 days which may include Saturdays and public holidays.
We look forward to you joining the BEST team!
Whats in it for you
Benefits: Pension, 29 days holiday pro rata, Healthcare Cash Plan, Personal Accident Scheme
The additional Benefits of being part of the BEST team!
- 10% Tesco discount, which increases to 15% for 4 days every 4 weeks (all discounts apply to home delivery)
- 20% discount on F&F Clothing
- 10% discount on Tesco Café
- 10% Booker discount
- 25% discount at Burger King, Pizza Hut & Pizza Express, ASK, Zizzi and Coco Di Mama
- 15% discount at TGI Fridays Monday to Thursday
We have always aspired to be the Best and now we are.
We are so confident in our supply chain, our people and our service that we can truly live up to our name, The Best Food Logistics company. Our people are what make us the best. We take the greatest care to commit to our vision and values with each interaction and at every touch point through the supply chain. There is no magic system to what we do. We stick to our values, and everything else falls into place. We are proud of our simplicity and straightforward approach.
We love our customers! We want them to love us! We aim to do that by providing great service, every day, by providing value with vision, and performance with passion.
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud, Best Logistics and Chef Direct. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*