Customer Service Advisor
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Customer Service Team at our Wellingborough site. In this position, you will work as part of the Customer Service team and you will be responsible for receiving, logging and responding to all retailer distribution claims and general queries and issues.
Working within Supply Chain department, liaison across all Budgens and Londis retailers and all departments who may be resolving retailer issues.
Key Activities include;
- Ensure an appropriate resolution in an effective, efficient manner, within the agreed timeframe and to the required standard
- To offer full customer service support to both Budgens and Londis retailers
- Log all retailer Distribution Claims
- Log all retailer queries and issues
- Ensure all retailer claims, queries and issues are dealt with efficiently and effectively
- Communicate clearly to retailers, show empathy and work to build a trusting relationship
- Handle consumer queries via letters, emails and telephone
- Field retailer Distribution claims and log full details on CRM (Budgens) E-claims (Londis)• Field retailer queries, issues and log full details on CRM
- Take responsibility and ownership for claims, issues, queries and their resolution, ensuring the Booker GB service standards are met
- Resolve queries where possible or if necessary, escalate issues to appropriate departments• Ensure rejected claims are communicated to retailers
- Escalate issues to the CST Manager, if appropriate action is not taken
You will need
To be successful in this role your skills and qualifications will include;
Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent in Maths and English
Some experience in a retail customer service role desirable
Understanding of Microsoft applications: Outlook, Word and Excel
Excellent communication skills with the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
Able to live and demonstrate the Booker values
Ability to plan, prioritise and approach each issue in a structured manner
Results-orientated, able to take ownership of problems through resolutions
Previous experience within a contact or call centre environment would be highly regarded
Whats in it for you
Apart from your salary, you’ll receive 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays) and be entitled to join our company contributory pension scheme where we’ll match your contribution up to 5%.
You’ll also receive a discount card with 10% off at all Booker & Makro stores plus special discount days over the course of the year of up to 20%. There’s also our Save As You Earn scheme which you can join each year which allows you to save tax free with the option to buy company shares at a discounted rate (T’s&C’s apply).
Budgens & Londis are two of the UK's leading names in the independent retail food sector with over 1500 stores and a history of over 140 years of retailing excellence. We are passionate about delivering affordable, quality products and making our customers shopping experience one where we find ways to tempt them to liven up their baskets and meet their daily needs.
The brands are part of the Booker Group, the UK’s leading food wholesaler. The Group comprises Booker Wholesale, Makro, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud, Chef Direct, Booker India and Booker Retail Partners. Together we are privileged to serve 1.5 million customers with a 9.5% share of the Convenience market with our Budgens, Londis, Premier and Family Shopper brands