Credit Control Administrator
About the role
We have a great opportunity, working in our Accounts Receivable - Sales Ledger team, for someone looking to work part time mornings with an 8.00 am start.
Reporting to the Sales Ledger Manager, this role is perfect for someone with an aptitude for debt collection as you will be expected to:
- collect outstanding debts as they become due ensure that overdue balances are kept to a minimum
- reduce debtor days and reduce ledger value
- deliver an efficient & effective service to both internal & external customers at all times.
- provide all processing functionalities relating Direct Debit runs within the Sales Ledger department.
- deliver an efficient & effective service to both internal branches & external customers at all times.
- Reducing Ledger Balance
- Chasing accounts using aged ledger
- Managing Contra payments
- Supporting Cash Allocation
- Highlighting Doubtful debt
- Daily Direct Debit Runs
- Download and Process Bank Reports – Arudd and Addacs
- To provide support and holiday/sickness cover to other team members within Sales Ledger.
You will need
Excel (knowledge of vlookups desirable)
Bottomline Technologies (Desirable)
Previous Credit Control experience is desirable
To be IT literate with previous office experience desirable preferably within Accounts Receivable
Experience in dealing with customers and reconciling customer accounts
What's in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- Free eye test when you spend £50 or more. You can also save 30% when you spend £50 or more on glasses, prescription sunglasses and contact lenses.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- Exclusive access to discounted RAC breakdown cover rates
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*