Commercial Bid Manager
About the role
Reporting into and liaising with National Account Controller (NAC) on a regular and structured basis, the role of the Commercial Bid Manager will be the development of new business opportunities, responsibility for bid / tender submissions and the management of pipeline opportunities. The ideal candidate will also support the Senior Management team in other commercial elements regarding price management and margin initiatives.
- Management of all bids, proposals, submissions for potential new customers
- Scorecard and cost model analysis
- Support NAC to identify new business opportunities & follow through to tender process
- Work with National Account Manager Team with margin controls, price increase & movement
- Oversee all efficiency and margin initiatives
You will need
- An excellent knowledge of the Foodservice Market
- A proven track record of successfully writing and managing tenders
- Analytical and organised approach to work
- Good understanding of all MS Office applications with minimum level 2-3 in Excel
- The ability to build strong working relationships internally and externally and have a passion for customer service
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to travel UK wide.
- Database of contacts in Foodservice
- Booker system knowledge
- Experience in supplier negotiations.
This is a flexible location role, requiring travel to customer sites across the UK, but there will also be regular working time in Didcot, Hatfield, Wellingborough & Northampton
Whats in it for you
Employee benefits include the following:
- Company car
- Colleague discount card
- Group Pension Scheme membership
- Company healthcare scheme
- Company Sharesave Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
Chef Direct is a growing business that specifically caters for the unique needs of Foodservice operator. Our Distribution Centre in Didcot has given rise to the requirement of a Warehouse Section Manager.