Central Income Analyst
About the role
This is a Fixed Term role.Reporting to the Central Income Finance Manager you will be working as part of a team that produce timely and accurate high level reports and will control specific areas within Central Income. The role also involves supporting the simplification programme that we have on supplier led income.
The role is result driven which you will thrive on and look at ways to exceed them. But that will not be a problem because you will be part of a team of like minded individuals. Being able to listen to instructions and respond appropriately will be second nature to you and this great ability to communicate will then be used when influencing others.
- supplier communication and responses including any necessary escalation
- the maintenance and transition as required to move to net costing
- periodic accruals and balance sheet reconciliations
- closure of terms
- dealing with internal and external supplier queries preparation of detailed trackers and providing support as required
- liasing with the wider Commercial Finance team to support the project objectives
- liasing closely with the Management Accounts team (Deeside) to ensure a good understanding of accounting journals with Commercial income
- development of new trackers to monitor performance
- calculating impact of change in cost structure supporting the trading team
- driving the understanding of margin and movements (back to front)
- ensuring that information is provided as required to internal and external auditors and that any queries raised are dealt with in a timely manner
- fully supporting and assisting the Central Income Finance Manager and wider Finance team on other duties as and when required
You will need
Previous experience of working in a finance function ideally working towards a professional qualification.
To be self-motivated and have good communication skills being able to demonstrate strong examples of where you have used this to influence others
Be confident using excel
Whats in it for you
At Booker Group we offer excellent benefits that help make our business a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to;
A great holiday package
Life Assurance Scheme
Save As You Earn Scheme
Give As You Earn Scheme
Free eye tests and subsidised eye care
A commitment to your career development
Discounted shopping in both Tesco and Booker stores
Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile and Tesco Bank
Deals & Discounts through many other external businesses
Free on-site parking
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Chef Direct. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*