Catering Development Manager
About the role
We are currently recruiting for a Catering Development Manager to join our Booker and Makro Wholesale division.
You will work closely with the General Manager to identify and create new Customer opportunities, as well as offering targeted sales to existing customer groups.
This role requires you to work a 5 day week which may include occasional weekends and bank holidays.
Focusing on high-potential customers. You will manage a portfolio of customers, spending time in the field as well as in the branch. Visiting existing and potential new customers to develop sales and margin – up selling and cross selling to suit customer needs.
You will need
To be successful in this role your skills and experience will include:
- Someone who not only can work to a general daily routine, but can be adaptive to the people and situations that are presented to them.
- You will have experience building incremental sales and margin across multiple sales solutions (Cash and Carry, Delivery and Internet)
- You will have a solution focused sales approach with a natural desire to problem solve and be resilient enough to have difficult conversations when things don’t go to plan.
- Being familiar with the local area and the social and economic factors affecting is, is a must.
- You will possess a full UK driving licence
Whats in it for you
Where possible we always promote from within and as we keep growing you’ll have every opportunity to grow with us too. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary.
We operate a 5/7 day operation and opening times can vary from Branch to Branch. Please visit www.booker.co.uk and select Branch Locator to find the current opening times.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from 196 locations across the country, and are committed to improving choice, price and service for them.
Booker Wholesale is the UK’s leading cash & carry operator with 172 branches across the country. We serve a wide and varied customer base, who are all independent businesses, such as convenience stores, forecourt shops, pubs, cafes and restaurants. We supply them with a fantastic choice of products including soft drinks, grocery, fresh and frozen food, beers, wines, spirits and non-food items such as cleaning products and disposables. In the year to March 2015 £3.6bn of sales were collected by our customers from our branches and £1.39bn were delivered from our branches to our customers businesses. We are not open to the general public.