About the role
These positions are for a newly opened canteen within the South Elmsall Regional Distribution site and will be part of a new team reporting into the Senior Catering Assistant. Your role is to provide a hot and cold food service to all colleagues and to ensure that the canteen area is clean and tidy at all times.
Shifts available as below:
1 x 25hrs - Sunday/Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday Days (08:00-13:00)
£11.09 per hour
PLEASE NOTE - THESE ARE NEW POSITIONS SO HOURS MAY NEED TO CHANGE SLIGHTLY AT A LATER DATE
Ordering of Stock for food preparation and vending machines
Responsibility for Stock Management and Stock Control
Code checking and checking quality of stock
Preparation of food in accordance with food hygiene requirements
Vending machine replenishment and management i.e price changes, cleaning and cash collection
Assist in maintaining housekeeping in the canteen & kitchen facilities, dining area and Kitchen counters
Adhere to food hygiene/HACCP/Allegen/COSHH Guidelines at all times
Maintain due diligence on temperature controls and code dates
You will need
Cooking experience is essential.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent attitude towards customer service with a friendly outgoing personality and be used to working within a team environment.
A high standard of presentation and the ability to work within a team producing and serving a varied menu to colleagues and visitors on site
The ideal candidate will be required to prepare, cook and serve food along with cleaning duties and stock vending machines.
The successful candidate will ideally have a Hygiene Certificate
What's in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- Free eye test when you spend £50 or more. You can also save 30% when you spend £50 or more on glasses, prescription sunglasses and contact lenses.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- Exclusive access to discounted RAC breakdown cover rates
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*