About the role
***We offer hybrid working.
We are looking to recruit a Category Assistant for our Head Office located in Wellingborough, Eccles or Watford to support our Trading team.
Within this role you will be a pivotal part of the Trading team, liaising with customers and building strong working relationships with our suppliers to ensure we have the right range of products at the right price to drive cash profit and customer satisfaction.
Our Trading teams are extremely level headed, focused on deadlines, dealing with problems and taking everything in their stride. As part of this team you can expect a fast paced role and great satisfaction in knowing that you have done a great job.
Working as part of a team to provide a full administrative support to your Category Manager and the wider team. In this role you will build and maintain strong working relationships with all internal departments, external suppliers and customers, at all times striving to find the best ways of working and suggesting improvements where required.
You will need
To be a resourceful self-starter with the ability to work independently without direct full time supervision.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
To demonstrate a proactive approach with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks
To manage workload and deadlines effectively
Comprehensive PC skills, including a good use and experience of Excel and Word
To be extremely organised with excellent attention to detail and follow-through
To be resourceful and have the ability to work independently as well as within a team
To thrive in a dynamic business where accuracy, hard work and flexibility are imperative
Ability to exercise appropriate judgment and discretion, especially when handling confidential information
What's in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*