About the role
Are you looking to take your first step into a career in Buying? Do you have the drive, ambition & aspire to work in a dynamic, commercial business? If so, this role could be perfect for you!
We are looking for a buying administrator to work in our Head Office in Harefield to support our wider Buying Team.
This role will involve building strong working relationships with suppliers & supporting the Trading Team to deliver commercial targets & helping retailers to drive sales, profit & customer satisfaction.
Providing full administrative support to the buying team managing pricing, promotions, new lines end to end for a specific category. You will work closely in managing information between buyers, suppliers & other business functions.
Build strong working relationships with all internal departments as well as external suppliers & customers.
Managing trading data input to ensure accurate retailer price files.
You will need
6 months administrative experience is preferable with knowledge of Microsoft excel
Good attention to detail and the tenacity to get things done ‘right first time’
Good communication, time management and organisation skills with the ability to work effectively with others in a fast paced environment
Strong work ethic in taking ownership and being proactive in delivering key activities and results
Whats in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*