About the role
Are you a commercial Butcher, who has a real can do attitude and is passionate about delivering excellent customer service?
Have you got?
- Proven experience within the butchery trade with good product knowledge, cutting and preparation skills,
- Excellent Customer service skills, be organised and be an excellent communicator
- Good understanding of stock control process and procedures.
- Engage with Customers, building relationships with them to understand their business and their needs.
- Prepare orders to our customers’ requirements
- Comply with health & safety and legal standards at all times.
- This role may also incorporate the other fresh departments in branch, looking after Fruit & Veg, Chilled and Dairy Departments.
Whats in it for you
Real opportunities for progression across the Booker Group with many of our Butchers moving into Butchery Management roles.
- Additional hours available (we are a 7-day week operation)
· Overtime rate available (hours over 38 hours per week)
· 28 days’ holiday (including bank holidays)
· Contributory pension
· Discounted healthcare plan
· Sharesave scheme option
The working hours/pattern for this role will be discussed and confirmed at interview. Please note that we are a 7-day operation and therefore offer a variety of flexible working patterns to fit personal circumstances and support work and family demands whilst meeting the needs of the business and our customers.
* Due to the nature of the role, applicants must be over 18 years of age.
Booker Group is the UK’s leading food and drink wholesaler.
We comprise of Booker Wholesale, Makro, Booker Direst, Classic Drinks, Ritter-Courivaud, Chef Direct, Booker India and Booker Retail Partners. Together we are privileged to serve over 1.5 million business customers