About the role
Are you a commercial Butcher, who has a real can do attitude and is passionate about delivering excellent customer service?
Have you got?
- Proven experience within the butchery trade with good product knowledge, cutting and preparation skills,
- Excellent Customer service skills, be organised and be an excellent communicator
- Good understanding of stock control process and procedures.
- Engage with Customers, building relationships with them to understand their business and their needs.
- Prepare orders to our customers’ requirements
- Comply with health & safety and legal standards at all times.
- This role may also incorporate the other fresh departments in branch, looking after Fruit & Veg, Chilled and Dairy Departments.
Whats in it for you
Real opportunities for progression across the Booker Group with many of our Butchers moving into Butchery Management roles.
- Additional hours available (we are a 7-day week operation)
· Overtime rate available (hours over 38 hours per week)
· 28 days’ holiday (including bank holidays)
· Contributory pension
· Discounted healthcare plan
· Sharesave scheme option
The working hours/pattern for this role will be discussed and confirmed at interview. Please note that we are a 7-day operation and therefore offer a variety of flexible working patterns to fit personal circumstances and support work and family demands whilst meeting the needs of the business and our customers.
* Due to the nature of the role, applicants must be over 18 years of age.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from 196 locations across the country, and are committed to improving choice, price and service for them.