Branch Assistant Nights-Sunday to Thursday
About the role
This is a full time permanent role working 38 hours per week with shifts Sunday to Thursday 9.30pm-6am
We are looking for "night owls" with a real can-do attitude who is passionate about delivering excellent customer service and willing to go the extra mile for our customers. Working as part of our vibrant night team you will thrive on teamwork and you'll be motivated to do a great job. The role that you play on nights is key to the wider success of the store so you will be truly appreciated.
We are 5/7 day operation and nights too! (check our website for specific opening times.)
We only recruit individuals who are aged 18 and over
You’ll ensure our customers needs are exceeded at all times working in a number of areas of the store, so no two nights will be the same. Whether it’s filling shelves, ensuring we have the right amount of stock or maybe picking deliveries … the opportunities are endless, but everything you do matters … ensuring our customers get everything they came for, served quickly and efficiently.
You will need
A can do attitude and be willing to go the extra mile.
A great team ethic as you will be fulfilling a key role where you will be relied on as much as you will rely on others.
* Due to the nature of the role, applicants must be over 18 years of age.
What's in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*