18T Delivery Driver
About the role
In our Booker Delivery Hub Stoke things really are "hotting up". Due to amazing growth in our business we are looking to expand our team. We have full time permanent vacancy where you will work 45 hours per week with shifts Monday to Friday 5am-3pm. Working close to home and with weekends off this role could wheely deliver on your work life balance.
Overtime opportunities also available
Do you want more local driving and be a valued member of a delivery team? This may be the role for you. Working 45 hours per week you will enjoy a varied role driving locally as well as building relationships with our regular customers.
Our drivers are the beating heart of our business and you will play a vital role in ensuring customers receive their deliveries on time and with a great service.
Making up to 15 deliveries a day to our wonderful local customers. Our lorries are temperature controlled so you too can be a "chilled out" driver even when the manual handling will get you working up a sweat.
Our drivers are the heart of our business so the work can be hard and it isn't for the feint-hearted. But you will have a regular routine, time on your own and a radio to sing your heart out too while you are:
Delivering up to 15 drops a day
Getting on with the job without supervision
Putting a smile on the face of our customers.
What more could you want?
You will need
A Cat C/ 18T licence having driven for at least two years.
Experience of multi-drops would be preferable but not essential, as you will get 15 opportunities a day to "brake" you in.
A DQC card is a must as we drive a professional operation.
To be in good physical shape as the work can be demanding but don't worry we won't exhaust you.
What's in it for you
Our up to salary includes a market supplement of £50 per week. The payment is subject to tax and NI. All temporary incentives are at the company's discretion and subject to review, variation, and removal.
At Booker Group, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay.
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*